Saturday, December 10, 2011

A good answer from God to those who try to use Scripture without having any commitment to Him



Psalm 50:16-22

English Standard Version (ESV)

 16But to the wicked God says:
   "What right have you to recite my statutes
   or take my covenant on your lips?

17 For you hate discipline,

    and you cast my words behind you.

18If you see a thief, you are pleased with him,

    and you keep company with adulterers.


 19"You give your mouth free rein for evil,
    and your tongue frames deceit.

20You sit and speak against your brother;

   you slander your own mother’s son.

21These things you have done, and I have been silent;

   you thought that I was one like yourself.
But now I rebuke you and lay the charge before you.


 22"Mark this, then, you who forget God,
   lest I tear you apart, and there be none to deliver!


So, next time you want to use Scripture, unbeliever, you know what's coming to you. Give your life to Christ, read and understand his word, and then, you may be able to use the word of God, AS HE INTENDED, NOT AS YOU WANT TO USE IT NOW!!!

No comments: