Tuesday, January 5, 2016

5 Things We Do Today Instead of Preaching the Word - James McDonald

Preaching has fallen on bad times. Everywhere I go, and most stations I listen to, all I hear are "principles", "anecdotes", "personal stories", and plain non-sense.

I would like to offer you a very interesting article by James McDonald, where he identifies what is really being preached from pulpits today. It's sad, extremely sad.

Here it's a piece of the article:

2. Sharing
We hear a pastor say, “There are some things I just want to share with you today…”
Since when is the man of God some Dr. Phil and Oprah combo? You’re supposed to proclaim a message. If you’re not preaching, glory is not coming down. You have to preach the glory down—people have to hear a word from God.



So if you are one of the persons mentioned here, I hope you change, I really do, and start proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

And for the rest of us, let us always look out not to fall into this errors.

You can read the rest of the article here

No comments: