Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Texting replaces talking!!! Some would see this as eveolution. Others devolution.


I admit it, I text a lot, but I don't text my wife so much, that we don't actually talk during the day.

A new Pew Internet study takes a look at the texting habits of cell phone owners. The findings show that of the 83% of American adults who own cell phones, roughly 73% of them send text messages and about 31% of them prefer texting to actually talking on the phone.


I've heard of a woman who texted a man 63,000 times in 2 months, and he had to take a restraining order against her. But this story tells of how many texts a person between 18-24 can send a day:

Surprising? Not really. But here's the craziest data point: Cell phone owners between the ages of 18 and 24 exchange an incredible 109.5 text messages per day, or 3,200 per month. Back in 2009, a similar Nielsen study found that teens were averaging a few hundred less with only 2,899 texts per month.


The issue, I guess, it's that we are consumers, and companies gives us what we want, in order to make money.

I love texting, but it will never replace face to face conversation.

Luis Alberto Jovel

No comments: