Monday, February 20, 2012

The Colbert Report, dead for at least one week. I was hoping for its final demise...

I am no fan of the Colbert Report. Albert Mohler has said again and again, that young people (actually, people my age, but I am not that young anymore) take mainly their news from the show, and therefore, repeat the idiocies mentioned there. Goes to prove that people watching the "Report", lack a sense of judgment, or critical thinking.

Anyway, last week ABC News informed us that the report would not be recorded due to unforeseen circumstances. I was soooo happy.

Then, it was reported the reason why the "Report" was  not to be seen for a while. The reason given was that Colbert's mom was sick. That he is very closed to his mom, and was very private about it.

Well, I hope she does get better, she is 91. But it serves him right. He has trashed many people in his show, and I bet some of them would be pleased to see him off the air for a while.  But I guess, he may be also thinking that some people he has trashed, wouldn't mind seeing him suffer for a while, even if it is something tragic as his own mom.


“They are a very private family,” said a source. “It’s not surprising that he did not want anyone to know what was going on.”
His is not the only "private family". He thrives on incurring on people's privacy, and making fun of them. Yet, he wants to take care of his at all costs. Another big time hypocrite


I don't think that anybody in their right minds will make fun of Colbert and his mom, but I hope that he takes the occasion to think all the damage he has made to people in his diatribes against them, and how their moms feel when they listen to Colbert putting down their sons and daughters.


But I guess he doesn't care.


I, for one, would like the show NEVER to come back on air. But I guess that mindless people are the majority, and sometimes, the mob rules.

No comments: